Job Title: Cadet Assistant Superintendents of Police (500 Career Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Police Force (UPF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Ref: HRM/138/160/01/Vol 3/32
Salary Scale: U4
The Uganda Police Force (UPF) is the national police force of Uganda. The head of the Force is called the Inspector General of Police (IGP). The UPF is dedicated to ensuring the good governance of Uganda. That means they allow for the effective implementation of laws which control a state and provide for the security, prosperity and development of a nation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the preservation of law and order through;
- Oversight of law enforcement personnel.
- Securing persons and property in area of command.
- Provision of a link between the force and members of the public.
- Responsible for Crime mapping.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Inspector General of Police.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should possess honors Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University preferably in the following fields; Law, Engineering, Public Administration, Psychology, Social Work and Social Administration, Education, Human Resource Management, Botany/ Zoology, Veterinary Medicine, Agriculture, Economics, Finance and Accounting, Information Technology, Medicine, Nutrition, Library and Information Science.
- Additionally, s/he should be physically fit and ready to undertake the requisite twelve months basic police course.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and Pilots are also required.
- Possess no criminal record.
- Ready to work long hours and at times in difficult condition.
- Ready to work in any part of the country.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly proficient in computer usage
Age: 20-30 Years
NB: All applicants be a Ugandan citizen
How to Apply for the job:
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should obtain application forms (PSF3 revised-2008 from secretaries to District Service Commissions or the Public Service Commission (Farmers House Kampala) in addition to Uganda Police Force recruitment Bio Data forms from the office of District Police Commanders.
Applications in triplicate filled in own handwriting and accompanied by photo copies of academic transcripts and certificates, curriculum Vitae, three (3) recent passport size photographs and recommendation letters from LCI, LCIII and RDC (from the respective districts of recruitment) should be brought in person at the following regional recruitment centers:-
PTS Kibuli, Regional Police Headquarters at Jinja, Moroto, Gulu, Arua, Hoima, FortPortal, Masaka, Mbarara, Mbale, Soroti, Tororo, Kabale, Lira, Luwero .Mityana, Iganga, Kapchorwa & Bushenyi.
NB: Interviews that shall include physical fitness exercises shall start on 27th/01/2015 and last 3 days. The applicants should bring along original degree certificates and transcripts & UNEB certificates & result slips
Deadline: 27th January, 2015