Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: African Clean Energy (ACE)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
African Clean Energy (ACE) is a B-Corp certified enterprise that produces and distributes the ACE One solar-biomass hybrid energy system. A small-yet-powerful smokeless stove, it will virtually eradicate the catastrophic impact that traditional cooking and heating methods inflict on health, environment, and poverty in developing countries around the world, and provides electricity.
Job Summary: We are seeking a dedicated and skilled Accountant to join our team in Gulu. As an Accountant, you will be responsible for examining and analyzing expenses submitted by different departments or employees, ensuring organized and accurate record-keeping, and liaising with the Procurement Department for supplier management. You will also be responsible for ensuring correct and accurate input of transactions into the General Ledger (GL) while adhering to accounting processes and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine and analyze expenses submitted by different departments or employees.
- Ensure organized and accurate record-keeping in accordance with company policies.
- Liaise with the Procurement Department to manage suppliers (AP) and reconcile pending invoices in the Accounting System (SAGE).
- Ensure the correct application of taxes, including VAT, WHT, and others as applicable.
- Adhere to accounting processes and procedures.
- Support departments in the budget process and perform weekly budget monitoring, communicating budget variances to the Finance Manager.
- Administer petty cash and perform bank reconciliations.
- Manage daily banking activities, including collecting and depositing cash.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the payroll process.
- Handle any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Take responsibility for fixed asset accounting and administration, working closely with the Factory to ensure accurate cost and overhead classification.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business-related field from a recognized university.
- CPA certification is an added advantage but not mandatory.
- Experience in a manufacturing company is preferred.
- Proficiency in computer accounting software.
- Hands-on experience using SAGE.
- Strong knowledge of the application of relevant taxes, including VAT, WHT, PAYE.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and accurate.
- Ability to work with numbers and understand a broad range of financial matters in a timely manner.
- Proficient in using common software programs.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and cultures.
- Language: Strong English capabilities (other languages capabilities are a plus)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below