Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: Avolio Industries Limited
Duty Station: Kazinga Namanve, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Partner
Avolio Industries Limited is an Avocado Oil Plant based in Uganda. The work environment is fast paced & challenging.
Job Summary: To prepare and process payments based on approved documents and bank reconciliation statements at end of the month and post accounting transactions accordingly.
As our workforce grows, we need an experienced & diligent Accountant to be at the helm!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Posts Cash Books for various AVOLIO INDUSTRIES LIMITED Accounts.
- Passes payments before and after vouchers have been written ensuring all supporting documents and right calculations are done.
- Maintains the AVOLIO INDUSTRIES LIMITED Asset Register and ensures that it is updated as and when new assets are procured including allocation of engrave numbers.
- Reviews payments to be processed and posted on IFMS including staff salaries to ensure accuracy of transactions made.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory deductions like NSSF, WHT and PAYE submission by crosschecking authenticity of all supporting documents submitted and their accuracy.
- Ensures that all accountabilities for payments made are attached to their vouchers for compliance purposes.
- Receives and banks all cash and cheques in-touched
- Liaises with both internal and external suppliers to collect receipts of acknowledgement of funds paid out for services offered and goods supplied
- Crosschecks payment vouchers to ensure they are stamped after payments have been made as a control to avoid double payments.
- Generates reports on Non-Tax Revenue collections on weekly, monthly basis and also on spot reporting on request.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the High Authority of the company.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors Degree in Accounting and Finance
- At least 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Proven integrity and confidentiality in handling company’s resources and in executing duties
- A high level of interpersonal, management skills and ability to work with teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadline.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Professionalism with QuickBooks and financial statements
Nice to Have
- Corporate and personal tax experience is a plus
- Experience with accounts payable and receivable is preferred
- Experience with audits, budget creation, and expense reports strongly preferred
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants Kindly send a TYPED cover letter, a detailed CV and all necessary certified academic documents to this email [email protected] as soon as possible.
We appreciate your application however; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within one week of the closing date, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.