Job Title: Accounts Payable Accountant
Organisation: Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Treasury Accountant
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
Job Summary: The Accounts Payable Accountant will mainly handle all aspects related to accounts payables and payroll processing within the company’s control environment and adherence to the policies, procedures and guidelines of UNOC and its subsidiaries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify Invoices against contract terms and other agreements.
- Process and record vendor/supplier invoices for payment on a timely basis and accurately.
- Process and post invoices and expenses claims and clearing cash advances.
- Process cash advances and reimbursements for staff.
- Monthly update of the General Ledger and Accrual schedules.
- Reconciliation of payable accounts with vendor supplier statements.
- Prepare periodical vendor aging reports.
- Attend to vendor/supplier queries or inquires to maintain good working relationships and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Timely preparation and processing of payroll.
- Filing of PAYE, NSSF Returns and Provident Fund Contributions.
- Support annual statutory audits and resolve all possible queries related to Accounts Payables.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or other related fields.
- 0-3 years of related work experience
- Experience in using accounting software/ERP’s
- Proficiency in Microsoft Skills
- Knowledge of financing, accounting and banking process
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates
- Applications without Certified academic documents will not be considered.
- Attach a copy of the Curriculum Vitae
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
- Please forward any inquiries regarding this advert to email@example.com call telephone number +256 312 444 600.
- UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 7th October 2022 by 5:00pm