Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Legal & Corporate Affairs
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative services to support UNOC business operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls and direct them to appropriate officers.
- Record and distribute appropriately all incoming and outgoing correspondences in the department
- Manage the documentation storage and retrieval in the respective department and efficiently label files for easy identification
- Establish a track record of the movement of documents in the files for easy reference and accountability
- Type letters, memos, reports and other correspondences of the department
- Undertake other activities administrative activities such as photocopying, binding documents and filing
- Support departmental meetings, engagement in scheduling, booking rooms, availing refreshments and any documentation as required.
- Coordinate staff and UNOC guest travels including Air Ticket and Hotel booking.
- Generate minutes for minutes and engagements in the department and ensure actions are followed through.
- Participate in preparing and monitoring of departmental plans and budgets.
- Support consolidation of the monthly departmental reports.
- Provide for Front Office cover in inevitable circumstances.
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of departmental supplies and maintain a database of such supplies.
- Initiate procurement processes in the department and liaise with the Procurement Unit to ensure timely delivery of the required goods and services
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree [Honours] in either Social Sciences, Law, Arts, Development Studies, Public Administration, Social Administration, Office and Information Management, Business Administration, Secretarial Management, Administrative Secretary or any relevant degree
- 0- 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Working knowledge of office management systems, procedures and equipment.
- Proficiency in MS Office [MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook
- Excellent organizational, planning, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates
- Applications without Certified academic documents will not be considered.
- Attach a copy of the Curriculum Vitae
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
- Please forward any inquiries regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org call telephone number +256 312 444 600.
- UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 7th October 2022 by 5:00pm