Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Power Africa Uganda Accelerator
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
USAID’s Power Africa Uganda Electricity Supply Accelerator (the Power Africa Uganda Accelerator) activity, implemented by Energy and Security Group LLC and funded by the United States Agency for International Development, seeks to rapidly increase the level of electricity access in the country through assistance for off-grid and on-grid energy solutions. The goal of the Power Africa Uganda Accelerator is to facilitate 1,000 Megawatts (MW) of additional generation capacity and one million new connections in Uganda by 2020. This target is aligned with the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) target of increasing generation capacity to 2,500 MW by 2020 and Power Africa’s overall target of adding 30,000 MW and 60 million new connections in sub- Saharan Africa by 2030.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will assist the Power Africa Uganda Accelerator by delivering efficient and effective administration duties. The Administrative Assistant will work collaboratively and effectively in carrying out duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Assist the Chief of Party (COP), Program Assistant, Finance/Accounting Specialist and other staff by providing administrative support to Activity operations. Specifically, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Work closely with team members to support program planning and implementation.
- Perform administrative support duties, manage Activity documentation, and coordinate conference calls or travel arrangements.
- Write routine reports, correspondence and assist development of presentations, briefing papers, handouts, etc.
- Assist team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications and replies to inquiries.
- Handle travel scheduling, logistics, and related travel needs.
- Assist organization of meetings and events.
- Maintain Activity information and filing systems
- Support Finance and Accounting with tracking expenses.
- On occasions, travel in Uganda with Accelerator staff or independently to perform Activity-related administrative work. Trips usually will not exceed five working days.
- Maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders including but not necessarily limited to office equipment vendors, logistics companies, including hotels and ground transportation companies.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Administrative Assistant position must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, finance, or a related field.
- At least three years’ experience in an Administrative position
- Experience with donor-funded projects.
- Understanding of accounting and bookkeeping.
- Fully conversant with full MS Office suite.
How to Apply:
All suitably and interested candidate should send their applications (only by e-mail) to email@example.com, using Administrative Assistant in the Subject line. Candidates should attach their cover letters and CVs including at least three professional references in one PDF.
NB: While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st December 2018 by 5:00pm