Job Title: Assistant Accountant (3 Job Vacancies)
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day financial transactions that are carried out and ensure that they comply to the World Vision Financial policies and procedures that ensure proper financial stewardship and safeguard project resources and assets entrusted by World Vision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review accounting transactions or source documents in line with WVU financial guidelines and manual.
- Verify all expenses and receipts are allocated to their cost centers accounts in line with WVU policies and procedures.
- Review Cash Operation balances, make recommendations to management and pay out cash to the respective payees
- Prepare documents of original entry relating to key financial transactions like Cash Disbursement Voucher, Journal Vouchers and Deposit Vouchers
- Work closely with the bank on issues relating to Project Financial Dealings like cash withdrawals, deposits, and bank statement and ascertain cash balances at bank
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the World Vision Jobs hold Bachelor’s Degrees (Bcom or BBA Finance or accounting option)
- Detailed working knowledge of accounting theory and financial analysis is required.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of accounting systems such as SUN System and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication (speaking and writing) skills in English.
- Willingness to travel frequently and stay at the duty station.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.”
NB: Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 12th November, 2014.