Job Title: Logistics Officer
NTU – Strategic Development & Consulting is a Danish private consultancy company which has been working internationally with consulting & development projects since its foundation in 1993. NTU has offices in Denmark, Montenegro, Jordan and an EU-Office Brussels, Belgium. NTU is providing services in engineering, economics, planning, architecture, technical assistance and management in the areas of transportation (roads, railways, harbours and inland water infrastructures, intermodal infrastructures, transport safety, bridges, border crossing infrastructures), water and environment, urban and regional development, buildings, industry and energy, agriculture, governance and civil society, institutional strengthening, capacity building, economics and competitiveness.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer will be part of the Implementing Agency that manages and implements the rural infrastructure strategic intervention in accordance with the guidelines provided by RDE and CU in order to achieve the targets that have been set and to ensure the best possible value for money.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rural infrastructure prioritised investment plans for each district, prepared, submitted for approval and revised annually according to the needs;
- Selected projects designed and detailed implementation plans, including maintenance plans, accordingly prepared;
- Required resources mobilised and construction works supervised and completed;
- Quarterly and annual progress reports prepared and submitted timely according to the agreed schedule;
- Project User Committees constituted, trained and operational.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in logistics or procurement
- Three or more years of post-grade experience
- General professional experience
- Past experience from at least 2 projects in logistics or procurement
- Three or more years of experience from developing countries.
- Past exposure and experience from the Great Lakes Region and South Sudan will be an added advantage and experience from Northern Uganda a distinct advantage
- Excellent skills in the English language orally as well as in writing
- Past experience with Danida and other international donors is an asset
How to apply for the job:
If you are interested in this position please send your CV in EU format,download here, under the heading “Logistics Officer” When sending your application please include an indication of your desired remuneration (day-rate). Please also make sure that you include one or more telephone numbers.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 13th August 2018