Job Title: Probationer Police Constable (3000 Career Jobs)
Ref: HRM/138/ 160/01/Vol 6/24
About Uganda Police:
The Uganda Police Force (UPF) is the national police force of Uganda. The head of the Force is called the Inspector General of Police (IGP). The UPF is dedicated to ensuring the good governance of Uganda. That means theyallow for the effective implementation of laws which control a state and provide for the security, prosperity and development of a nation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Enforce law and order through;
- Beat patrol
- Conducting inquiries
- Gathering intelligence
- Securing persons and installations
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Inspector General of Police.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE Certificate) or its equivalent with at least two principal passes (those with equivalent qualifications, must obtain certification from UNEB). NB: Over qualified candidates should not apply.
- Six credits at UCE with at least a credit in English and a pass in Mathematics,
- Be physically fit and ready to undertake the requisite twelve months basic police course.
- Possess no criminal record.
- Ready to work long hours and at times under difficult conditions.
- Ready to work in any part of the country.
- Excellent communication skills.
Age: 18-25 Years
NB: All applicants be a Ugandan citizen
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their hand written applications accompanied by photo copies of academic transcripts and certificates, three (3) recent passport size photographs and recommendation letters from LCI, LCIII and RDC (from the respective districts of recruitment) should be delivered in person to the recruitment centers on the following dates depending on the your area of origin;
PTS Kibuli (Kampala Centre): Candidates from Mityana, Jinja, Nakaseke, Nakapiripit, Gulu, Lira, Zombo, Hoima, Kabarole, Masaka, Mbarara, Kabale, Tororo, Mbale, Kaberamaido, Iganga, Bukwo and Sheema – 30th January, 2015
PTS Kibuli (Kampala Centre): Candidates from Gomba, Luwero, Kamuli, Amudat, Apac, Nwoya, Nebbi, Kibaale, Kamwenge, Rakai, Isingiro, Kisoro, Kumi, Busia, Amuria, Kween, Mayuge and Bushenyi – 31st January, 2015
Mukono Recruitment Centre: Candidates from Nakasongola, Butambala, Moroto, Buyende, Amuru, Agago, Arua, Buliisa, Bundibugyo, Lyantonde, Ntungamo, Bukedea, Katakwi, Butaleja, Buhweju, Kapchorwa and Namayingo – 1st February, 2015
Nagalama, Mukono Recruitment Centre: Candidates from Kayunga, Mpigi, Adjumani, Kaliro, Kotido, Otuke, Maracha, Masindi, Ntoroko, Lwengo, Ibanda, Kanungu, Manafwa, Budaka, Soroti, Mitooma, Bugiri and Butambuli – 2nd February, 2015
Entebbe Wakiso Recruitment Centre: Candidates from Buikwe, Kiboga, Luuka, Kaabong, Kitgum, Alebtong, Koboko, Kiryandongo, Kyenjojo, Kalangala, Kiruhura, Rukungiri, Bududa, Kibuku, Serere, Rubirizi, Sironko and Namutumba – 3rd February, 2015
Kakiri Wakiso Recruitment Centre: Candidates from Kyankwazi, Buvuma, Abim, Lamwo, Dokolo, Oyam, Yumbe, Kyegegwa, Sembabule, Bukomansimbi, Pallisa, Kasese and Ngora – 4th February, 2015
Kiira Division Wakiso Recruitment Centre: Candidates from Kalungu, Mubende, Napak, Pader, Amolatar, Moyo and Kole – 5th February, 2015