Organization: Mapenzi Events Ltd
Duty Station: Bunga, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Management
Mapenzi Events LTD primarily does events management that also includes Food Catering services, provision of beverages, décor services, digital media services among other services.
Our focus is to plan and coordinate events for our clients, and these include corporate events – such as cocktail parties, product launch and such similar events, we plan weddings and introduction ceremonies – like kwanjula and kuhingira, bridal showers and private parties like for baptism and Christian confirmation or similar ones for Muslims, and house warming and or such similar private events. Often, as part of the package our client require that we do photography and video coverage, and increasing a need for new media services especially for our corporate clients.
Job Summary: The Digital Media Specialist should be a self-motivated person who is creative and smart, and the first task shall be to setup our new digital media studio. The person we want should be able to operate state of the art equipment such as DSLR cameras, be familiar or can learn how to setup Audio Video equipment that includes PA systems, projectors and screens, and additionally be able to work with an iMac desktop to edit video and sounds content, and also to create digital content that usable on new media platforms such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and such similar services, and this will be primarily in support of sales and marketing efforts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design digital media campaigns aligned with our business goals and those of our clients
- The incumbent will also coordinate the creation and maintenance of digital content (e.g. website, blogs, press releases and podcasts)
- Manage end-to-end assignments for our own use and those for our clients
- Manage our company’s website, and where needed to work with a web design company to make updates to the website as well as all our media channels – Facebook, WhatsApp Groups, SMS groups, Instagram accounts etc.
- Ensure that we have a strong media brand especially on new media platforms.
- Work within a team to create new products for ourselves and clients, and be involved in our sales and marketing efforts geared towards growing company revenues.
- Advise on emerging technologies that can be used with Events Management, and also those that can included with our offers to our clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Digital Media Specialist must hold a first degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such Computer Science or an IT Degree, however positive consideration shall be made for self-taught individuals who demonstrate high levels of all round skills.
- Expert level computer literacy especially with handling new media services
- A good understanding of Digital Editing packages, or the ability to quickly learn new ones that may be of use for our client needs.
- Familiarity with the Internet and Web technologies
- Be analytical in thought, and with a creative mind.
- Ability to multi-task or be able to switch tasks and yet keep tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with handling computer and electronic equipment, and competence in graphic computer packages with the Mac software, and also good knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Packages especially those for use with graphic design and presentations
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV only via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send via Skype ID to: charles1musisi
Deadline: 27th August, 2017