Job Title: Procurement Officer
Educate! works to transform the education system in Uganda to prepare youth to be leaders and entrepreneurs who take leadership initiative, create small businesses, and improve livelihoods for themselves and their communities. Educate! currently directly impacts 8,000 youth, has seen 56% of its graduates start businesses and make up to $40 a month, has backing from Ashoka and Echoing Green, and our curriculum has been incorporated into Uganda’s national entrepreneurship curriculum, reaching over 25,000 students annually.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will be responsible for:
- Management of Educate! Uganda Procurement and Logistics (50%): Manage Educate’s procurement, inventory and equipment
- Office and facilities management (25%): Ensure that a safe, secure, clean and healthy environment is maintained at both the Educate! office and residential facilities
- Leadership of Educate! Support staff team (25%): Receptionist, Officer Runner and casual labor supervision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of Educate! Procurement and Logistics:
- Office and Facilities Management/Office and green house management and oversight:
- Leadership of Educate Support Staff Team:
- Timely, Cost-effective procurement of products and services according to proper procurement protocol
- Manage quarterly procurement schedule and inventory of products and services
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Responsible for the review of purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment
- Provide timely logistics (food, printing and materials) for two-week mentor preparatory trainings during vacation breaks
- Arrange bulk procurement of stationary, printing and lesson materials
- Send accountability and advance forms on a fortnightly basis. Close out all accountability at the end of the each month.
- Manage equipment request for staff e.g. signing out and in of cameras, projectors etc.
- Cash Flow Projection
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements
- Project the weekly expenses, write requisitions on time and follow up on receipts
- In charge of continuous research and analysis of most up-to-date products, services and contract solutions
- Research and record price changes, new products on the market for priority goods and Services.
- Assets and Equipment Management
- Maintain an assets and equipment tracking register
- Maintain records and goods ordered and received
- Maintain records of contractors and suppliers
- Communicate and ensure staff compliance, administration and resource management policies.
- Regularly scheduled compliance checks and unbiased policy enforcement.
- Strategic Planning, M&E and Quality assurance objective
- Identify and analyze past expenses that can be reduced.
- Ensure efficient and effective provision of security, utilities and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain an efficient system to ensure a clean, well-stocked, culturally appropriate, organized office and living space.
- Mentor and supervise the Receptionist, Officer Runner, Office cleaner and Security Guards to ensure visitor care, security and hygiene
- Create and monitor the completion of work plans for all afore mentioned employees.
- Delegation and careful training of direct reports
- Interview and hire all direct reports
- Carry our termly reviews and assessment of direct reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold an Undergraduate degree in Procurement and logistics, Business Administration or related
- Professional qualification i.e. CIPS an added advantage
- At least a year to three years programmatic and administrative leadership, experience in budgeting, accounting and researching
- Attention to detail, integrity, strong mathematical and reporting skills, project management, administrative management, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, strategic problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communicator who enjoys solving problems and helping others, strong team player, sense of humor and patience are desired.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.