Job Title: Program Officer Education
World Vision is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Programme Officer Education will offer highly innovative professional support to enhance technical soundness and coherence of WVU Education programs and Projects with National Office strategy, World Vision education strategy, guidelines and standards as well as government of Uganda priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of developing a thorough analysis of the primary school education situation of the target beneficiary population through primary and secondary assessments
- Actively support the design/development of concept notes or proposals for education interventions
- Support in design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and final evaluations and ensure follow-up of recommendations to improve program quality
- Develop guidelines, tools and approaches (models) for quality programming and monitor compliance
- Identify technical capacity needs and organize capacity building activities for WVU staff and partners
- Technically support periodic monitoring for quality assurance of education projects
- Offer technical support to education centers of learning and excellence and Organize and facilitate education related learning events
- Support action research, document and disseminate lessons learnt and best practices as well as emerging issues in the implementation of WVU education programs
- Work in liaison with DM&E team to develop and regularly update database on Education interventions
- Develop case papers/policy briefs to drive WVU advocacy efforts on Education
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision career vacancy should hold a Graduate degree in Education, Social Sciences or other discipline relevant to livelihoods
- Three or more years’ experience in managing Education programs with reputable national or international NGO
- Good knowledge and understanding of education concepts and issues in development context
- Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation
- Working knowledge of data analysis software such as SPSS, Ms Excel
- Demonstrated experience and skill in research, analysis and report writing
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with a passion for sharing knowledge
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites
- Willingness to stay upcountry
- All applicants must be mature and committed Christians who possess the ability to demonstrate an active involvement with their faith and are also able to appreciate and stand above denominational diversities
NB: Please note that the job is open to Ugandan Nationals Only.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.”
NB: Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 22nd November, 2014.