Job Title: Fiscal Administrator (2 Job Placements)
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The Fiscal Administrator will oversee the support services of a TASO unit by fulfilling administrative and fiscal requirements that include finance and accounting functions, administrative management of centre welfare, budgetary planning, space allocation and utilization, fiscal and Administrative compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all financial processes, procedures, payments and reconciliation of transactions at a TASO unit and ensure fiscal accountability.
- Regularly review requisitions and payment vouchers for accuracy.
- Review local purchase orders and accompanying documents for completeness and correctness.
- Works in liaison with the center manager in preparing and approving contracts and memorandum of understanding with suppliers, draft bids and contracts.
- Manage keeping of items in the store in accordance with prescribed health, safety and other standards and also ensure that stock cards and perpetual inventory is updated regularly.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports for the various TASO activities
- Implement TASO’s fiscal and operations policies, procedures and guidelines including payment of contractors and suppliers.
- Manage center security, fleet and provide all the logistical support.
- Manage financial transactions to ensure appropriate segregation of duties and compliance with policies as laid in the accounting manual.
- Develop strategies for effective use of vehicles and motor cycles and ensure their appropriate maintenance and reporting.
- Take lead in the preparation of annual and other budgets for the Service Centre
- Ensure that all expenditure vouchers are properly sanctioned and backed by supporting documents
- Prepare necessary accounting records and books of accounts and also reconcile bank statements and the cash books as guided by the TASO accounting manual.
- Oversee the management of store receipts, releases and accounts thereof and maintain up-to-date assets and inventory registers.
- Set up possible measure to provide for the safety of Centre assets and premises by updating Centre Assets and inventory registers and support the insuring process as per policy.
- Conduct cost analysis for all centre utilities to guide budget projections.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Budgets for the Service Centre reviewed
- Funds obtained and utilized as required for the centre’s operations
- Payments and financial remittances made as necessary
- Up-to-date Books of Account available and reconciled
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports produced.
- Centre Stores well-coordinated and supervised
- Assets and inventory well managed
- Security and fleet well managed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Fiscal Administrator job should possess a good first Degree preferably B.Com (Accounting / Finance) or BBA, plus 2nd Stage of ACCA, CPA or CIMA. A master of Business Administration is an added advantage.
- At least five years or more of professional work experience with responsibility for accounting, budget and financial management; developing or implementing operational policies and procedures; administration and contract management.
- Additional Training in Public Administration
- Working knowledge of programme planning, budgeting, resourcing and auditing.
- Possess the ability to interpret and follow the accounts chart.
- Ability to interpret and follow administration and accounting policies, regulations instructions and rules.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send an application letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees.
All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application Form, download here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications book.
Note: Please your application must be recommended by either Psychosocial services coordinator or Center Manager. Please firmly staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration,
P.O. Box 10443,
OR Hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital
Deadline: 2nd April, 2015 by 4:30 pm.