Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a corporate body responsible for the regulation of Civil Aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport and 13 other aerodromes upcountry. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS).
The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the following positions in its establishment as detailed below. 1. JOB REF: CAA/ADV/EXT/18/2013
Job Tittle: ELECTRICIAN (3 Vacancies)
REPORTS TO: Senior Electrical Engineer
JOB PURPOSEThe position exists to ensure availability of reliable electrical power to the airport users, equipment on a 24-hour basis.
Electrical repair and maintenance process.
Undertakes scheduled and unscheduled work ensuring that standards and good practice is adhered to.
Timely attends to emergencies to ensure continued availability of power
Carries out daily physical inspection of all major airport electrical systems, records and repairs as necessary.
Carries out preventive maintenance of electrical systems and equipment by cleaning and replacing worn out parts
Participates in electrical installations for systems and equipment
Responsible for trouble shooting to determine causes of faults/ damage before carrying out repairs
Records all faults in the log book and maintains up to date and accurate records on all faults for planning purposes
A good Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized training institution.
2 years relevant working experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Technician membership of the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers will be an added advantage
2. JOB REF : CAA/ADV/EXT/19/2013
POST: VEHICLE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: Vehicle Maintenance Officer
SALARY LEVEL: 7
The position exists to carryout maintenance on plant and equipment auto-electrical systems for vehicles, fire trucks, marine boats, generators and other related equipment PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Mechanical/Auto-Electrical maintenance and repairs
1) Carries out routine maintenance of fire fighting and marine equipment for servicing and repairs
2) Inspects electrical components of vehicles, fire fighting and marine rescue equipment and makes appropriate reports.
3) Carries out unscheduled and emergency repairs to vehicles and equipment to ensure adequate availability at all times.
4) Works with computer-controlled engine management systems.
5) Services, identifies and repairs faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition, anti-lock braking system, cruise control, automatic transmission, airbags and air conditioning.
6) Installs electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators and starter motors in vehicles.
7) Installs electrically operated accessories such as radios, heating or demisting equipment, air conditioners, driving lamps and anti-theft systems
8) Uses meters, test instruments and circuit diagrams to find electrical faults.
9) Adjusts engine control systems and timing to make sure vehicles are running at peak performance.
10) Tests, reconditions and replaces faulty alternators, starter motors and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries.
11) Repairs or replaces faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches
12) Uses hand tools, specialized electrical tools, instruments and machines, including drills, grinders, presses and lathes.
13) Solders or welds when repairing electrical parts.
14) Installs, repairs and services air conditioning systems in vehicles.
15) Checks and tests wiring parts in older vehicles using portable instruments (non electronic vehicles)
A good Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Automotive) from a recognized training institution.
A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience as Auto Electrician.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS •
Technician membership of the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in Mechanical engineering and hydraulic systems is an added advantage.
• Must be computer literate.
Prior work experience on diagnostic equipment with excellent problem solving and fault fi nding skills
• Possess good eyesight, color vision and good hand-eye coordination.
• Ability to approach work in a systematic and thorough way and to keep up to date with technological changes.
• Excellent team ethics.
HOW TO APPLY:- Hand-written applications with detailed CV and copies of academic certificates and transcripts with the Job reference number clearly marked the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address below, before close of business on 20th December, 2013 at 5:00p.m.
THE DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY, P .O. BOX 5536, KAMPALA