Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader, System Administration
Job ID: 10751
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Systems Administrator will support the Bank by providing the day to day administrative duties of the IT data centre operations whilst upholding confidentiality, integrity and ensure the availability of the Information Technology environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Systems Administrator will operate all data centre systems and applications
- Conducts troubleshooting and provision of solutions to internal customers as required.
- In charge of daily data processing on Finacle Core and its peripheral products.
- Responsible for running backups for critical systems
- Escalate issues for resolution as per the escalation matrix.
- Send returns and daily reports to Johannesburg.
- Perform system administration /system security maintenance activities.
- Stand in for the Team Leader if unavailable
- Perform daily system backups
- Restore and test backups at the DR site
- In charge of the transportation of tapes to the DR site
- Actively participate in the proper running of the Disaster recovery site.
- Cordially answer all calls into the data centre at all times
- In charge of the provision of timely solutions to issues raised within issues tracker
- Attend production meetings during your shift
- Attend to calls during the time service desk team is out of office
- Attend to Infrastructure issues when the team is not in office
- Ensure adherence and compliance to audit requirements
- In charge of monitoring of systems using the ITM tool
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Team Leader, System Administration
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Stanbic Bank Systems Administrator vacancy should hold a Degree in a computer related field.
- At least one to two years’ experience in the IT field
- Extensive general technical knowledge of information technology infrastructure.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience in managing relational databases (Oracle)
- Advanced proficiency in Oracle SQL language
- Possess the ability to interpret complex data into meaningful information
- The applicant should have Finacle core administration skills
- Detailed understanding and knowledge on the AIX unix environment
- Possession of programing skills is an added advantage
- System Administration Skills
- Active Directory Skills
- Unix Skills
- ITIL knowledge is an added advantage
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 26th June, 2015