Job Tittle: Sales & Marketing Manager
Job Summary: The Sales and Marketing Manager will be responsible for Domestic Sales and Export Sales (other than South Sudan) for Flat and Long Products. The ideal candidate will have 15 years of varied practical, supervisory and management experience in sales and marketing with solid background in the steel industry. Our esteemed client is part of a large group with operation spread across eastern, Central and Southern Africa. They manufacture building materials.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Annual and Monthly Business / Product Development Plans for the existing and new Products and implement with the approval of the Business Head;
- Prepare Pricing & Discount Structure for the Products and implement with the approval of the Business Head;
- Keep track of market trends (including the movements in Global Markets) and to prepare Plan / Strategies for take corrective actions including timely revision of Pricing Structure & Discount Structures with the approval of the Business Head;
- Keep track of new Products and Development in the Metal Roofing, Tubes and Allied Building Products and work out possibilities of introducing such products in the Market in consultation with Business Head;
- Periodically review the Credit Limits extended to Customers and suggest necessary changes based on the track records of the Customers and propose Credit Limits for new Customers for the approval of the Business Head so as to ensure that customers accounts remains active and up-to-date and financial exposure of the Customers always remain within the approved Credit Limits;
- Prepare plan and budget for Brand Building / Meetings with Stake Holders / Advertisements etc. for the approval of Business Head and implement the approved plans;
- Develop and strengthen customer base in Domestic and Export Markets with the exception of South Sudan;
- Track the incoming imports and competitors activities; pricing; new product launches; marketing strategies etc. and prepare plan / strategy for counter measures for approval of Business Head. Upon approval, implement the plan / strategy and periodically review the effects / results and take corrective action in consultation with the Business Head.
- Coordinate and provide input to other departmental heads for planning for raw materials; production; so as to achieve full capacity utilization of all the plants;
- Keep track of feed backs received from the Customers in respect of timely supplies; quality; and issues and coordinate with respective departmental heads for improvements and timely resolutions of issues;
- Continuously review the related processes to strengthen internal controls and submit proposal for revision in processes for the approval of Business Head;
- Prepare and submit weekly / monthly / annual MIS to Business Head;
- Register new Trade Marks as may be required from time to time and ensure that all the registered Trade Marks are kept renewed at all times;
- Coordinate with concerned legal attorney with respect to all legal matters related to the customers;
- Manage Performance of Sales Team;
- Meet Sales, Price Realisation, Collection and Market Growth Targets as per the approved Monthly and Annual Budget.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Post gradute qualification in Marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Possess a dynamic leadership skills and excellent team-work qualities
- At least fifteen years of varied practical, supervisory and management experience in sales and marketing with solid background in the steel industry
- Thorough knowledge of global economics and general product markets, production and distribution
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems experience preferable, but not essential
- Knowledge of the Steel industry;
- Leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good problem solving and decision-making ability;
- Analytical ability;
- Good organizing skills.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Creativity/ Innovation
- Planning & organizing skills
- Positive attitude
- Fast paced and prompt
- Achievement oriented
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Business acumen essential
- Willingness to work long hours when required.
Job Terms: Applicant urgently required with attractive salary and expat benefits. Company accommodation is also provided.
How to Apply for the job:
Find more details on the website