Job Tittle: Assistant Organizational Development Officer
Job Summary: The Human Resources Officer will implement, maintain and update programs, procedures and Strategies for the College in line with Human Resources Policies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Disseminate to all units procedures for change management in line with HR policy and the Strategic plan.
- Conduct statistical analysis of various Human Resource Variables and generate reports for management decision making in line with HR policy.
- Update Human resource manual in line with HR policy.
- Compile, update and disseminate departmental publications in line with he HR policy.
- Conduct research or surveys to generate reports on various Human Resource issues as may be required for policy formulation or review in line with the HR policy.
- Work hand in hand with units in reviewing Unit establishments.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director Human Resources
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess an honours Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or Social Sciences or Human Resource Management or Organizational Psychology or its equivalent from a recognized Institution/University.
- At least a year’s experience in Human Resource related work.
- Computer literacy skills;
- Good research and data analysis skills
- Proven Counseling skills
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- High sense of self drive/motivation
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Labour Laws
Age: Less than 50 years
How to Apply for the job:
All applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacancies above. Please submit your application, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts (3 copies each set) giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and naming three referees, plus their postal addresses. Applicants should make sure that at least two referees have forwarded references concerning their application by the closing date.
Applications should be delivered to the Appointments Board Office, Room 406, Top Floor, Main Building, Makerere University, and addressed to:
P.O. Box 7062
Deadline: 31st December 2013