Job Tittle: Hub Manager
People Performance Group (PPG) is an HR recruitment firm which does offers a variety of human resource administrative functions including headhunting. On behalf of our valued client, we take the opportunity to advertise the vacancy above in details hereafter.
Job Summary: The Hub Manager will offer subcontracted Transport for both internal and external needs with emphasis on service delivery, profitability and cost control.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Administration Tasks:
- Constantly communicate the department strategy & objectives to the team.
- Enforce Set goals in terms of quality of service.
- Periodical review of staff performance.
- Set, develop & maintain desired competencies for better department performance.
- Ensure effective induction of new staff in the company and most importantly to the dept.
- Manage employee leave.
- Coach and counsel team members.
- Participate in the recruitment of all departmental staff.
- Manage the day to day file activities to cover validation, invoicing and sub- invoicing
- Follow up of all cargo, dispatched or in stock
- Monthly reporting for HUB
- Responsible for the P&L of the hub department
2. Operations Tasks:
- Ensure all sub-contract trucks fulfill contractual obligations in terms of performance & safety.
- Closely liaise with the Transport Department as first choice transporter for all company delivery needs.
- Ensure that the transport needs of the internal clients are met.
- To collect and distribute all signed waybills and empty interchange reports.
- Provide clear reporting on the performance of the department.
- Provide daily/ clear tracking reports to all internal and external clients; as agreed.
- To negotiate the best rate and provide effective solutions for efficient transport provision.
- To ensure that all transporters that are engaged have a signed transport agreement with AL Uganda and have in place, adequate Goods In Transit Insurance, in accordance with the Group’s policy.
- Monitor the costs level of the department (in line with budget). It includes salary, allowances, overtime etc.
- To have and protect the Groups best interest at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess at least 5 years experience in clearing and forwarding
- Local knowledge of the East African region
- Good file management skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good use of email
- Excellent communicator
- Organisational skills
- Good leader
- Excellent Team player
- Be a Self Starter
- Excellent Problem Solver.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Strong admin and follow up skills
- Ability to drive a team to work to a common goal.
How to Apply for the job:
If you are qualified and ideal for the vacancy above, please send your applications to [email protected]