Jobs: Kumi University is a Christian based institution founded in 1996 to provide quality, affordable and community tailored higher education. It is licensed by National Council of Higher Education.
The University wants to fill up the following vacant positions with suitably qualified and competent persons. These positions are:-
1. VICE CHANCELLOR
The Vice Chancellor is responsible for all the academic, administrative and financial affairs of the University.
– Must be a married Christian
– Academic Qualification: PhD.
– Age: should be at least 45 – 65 years old.
– Teaching experience of at least 10 years.
– Administrative experience of at least 5 years in Senior positions, e.g. Deputy Vice Chancellor, Dean or Director of University academic unit.
– Ability to mobilize both human and financal resources.
– Excellent academic background including research, publications and supervision of post graduate students.
– Fluent in both spoken and written English
2. DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS)
Responsible for all academic programmes and activities of the University including admission, research and publications.
– Should be a married Christian
– PhD as minimum academic qualification.
– Age of between 40 – 65 years old.
– Teaching experience of 8 years in institutions of Higher Education.
– At least 5 years of administrative experience in senior position, e.g. Faculty Dean, Director of University Unit or Head of Department.
– Proven academic background including research, publications and supervision of post graduate students.
– Fluent in both spoken and written English.
3. DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION)
– Is responsible for accounts planning, budgeting, management and administration of University finances and financial resources.
– Performs the function of the vice chancellor in the temporary absence of the Vice Chancellor.
– Same criteria as for the DVC (AA). Above, but in addition:-
– Should have the ability to mobilize resources.
– Knowledge of Finance and Accounting is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
1. More than one position can be applied for.
2. Qualified candidates should submit six sealed copies of an application letter by hand or send on-line (email@example.com) and up to date detailed C.V. including names and contacts of two credible referees.
3. Attach copies of academic qualifications and other relevant documents.
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 28th March 2014.
N.B. Those who had applied earlier need not to re – apply as their applications are already in the data bank. Hand written applications should be delivered during office hours (8.00 a.m – 5.00 p.m) to:-
Office of the Academic Registrar
Kumi University, P.O. BOX 178 – Kumi Uganda: East Africa.
Only short – listed candidates will be contacted within 5 days after Friday, 28th March 2014.