Mabale Growers Tea Factory Ltd is a Public Limited smallholder Tea Farmers’ Company engaged in the growing, manufacture and processing of high quality black CTC tea for local and export, was established formerly owned and run by Uganda Tea Growers Corporation. Located in Kyenjojo District, Western Uganda tea growing region, the company, privatized in 1995 is now owned and run by the smallholder tea farmers of Kyenjojo and Kabaroie Districts.
Job Summary: The Manager Internal Audit will be responsible for carrying out independent appraisals and review on risk management of all activities within Mabale Growers Tea Factory Ltd for conformity with Accounting Principles, Financial procedures and other
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Annual Internal Audit Plans, covering all the activities of Mabale Growers Tea Factory Ltd for Board of Directors’ approval, implement the plans accordingly and report results as per agreed framework.
- Develop a flexible risk based annual plan based on the organizations assessed risks, including any control concerns identified by the management and the Board, and submit that plan to the audit committee for review and approval
- Develop and direct Audit programmes prioritizing the audit assignments based on a risk assessment to ensure that the audit work is carried out in an effective and efficient manner, and that professional standards are maintained.
- Intuitively examine and evaluate the financial accounting, inventory and management information systems.
- Review cash flows and investments.
- Examining compliance of Mabale Growers Tea Factory Ltd operations with the Laws of Uganda, requirements of Regulatory Bodies and other External International Laws.
- Examining the efficiency and effectiveness of the systems of Internal Controls- financial and non- financial and bring to the attention of management and/or the Board any anomalies or violations of the established and agreed procedures
- Examine the Books of Accounts on regular and continuous basis to ascertain accuracy, completeness and reliabilities.
- Perform any other duty assigned to you by the General Manager or the Board of Directors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting option
- Professional Accounting – ACCA / CPA
- A minimum of five or more years Audit experience at management level in a large and busy organization.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Advanced computer literacy, MS Word, Excel, Sun Accounting, Power Point
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong numeric, analytical and financial skills.
- Working knowledge about Best Practices Standards IFRS, TQM, etc.
How to Apply for the job:
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs indicating email, any day phone contact, copies of academic transcripts, certificates, work certificates, minimum of two professional referees and address to:
The General Manager Mabale Growers Tea Factory Ltd.
P.O. Box 354, Fort Portal, Kampala.
Tel: 04834 25078,
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday, 20th November 2014