NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, Wagagai Limited, is a floricultural farm that has diversified into propagation of chrysanthemum cuttings while exporting to the Netherlands. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will be primarily responsible for supporting the verification and capturing of financial information, support on payroll, handling tax matters and statutory obligations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record, classify, and summarize accounting transactions.
- Compile various documents, verify their accuracy, and authorize payments in accordance with established procedures.
- Assemble documents for computer input, verifying accuracy of itemized charges, account numbers, and total costs.
- Assist in entering collections from debtors and payments to creditors.
- Update all payroll accounts in Pastel Evolution.
- Select correct accounts; posts, verify, and balances debit and credit entries.
- Reconcile accounts and assist in the compilation of accurate financial reports.
- Apply a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations; verify documents for completeness and compliance with government and private agencies.
- Maintain records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating, and purging.
- Quickly respond to inquiries.
- Check accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Use various software applications, such as MS Excel and Pastel Evolution, assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field i.e. Bachelor of Commerce, BSC Accounting, Business Administration etc.
- Part Professional qualification in ACCA, CPA.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a busy accounting environment
- Proven ability to report under tight deadlines
- Past exposure and experience in handling tax matters and statutory obligations
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in accounting software e.g. PASTEL, TALLY, Quick Books etc., payroll software and spreadsheets.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Be a good ream player
- Adaptable to a horticultural and multiracial setting
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.