Job Title: Coordinator Internal Audit
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Coordinator Internal Audit will plan for, lead and manage the Internal Audit Function and provide an independent cost effective audit service to URCS and its partners in line with the URCS audit charter and international audit best practices
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the development of URCS’ strategic and annual business plans, identifying key risk areas and developing the URCS Annual audit plan in line with critical risks identified
- Supervise and participate in the internal and external audits (review of financial systems, internal controls and organizational policies )to assure management of efficient and effective use of resources, accuracy of records, security of assets and prevention of fraud in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, national laws, donor guidelines and the International Standards on Auditing
- Supervise, motivate, appraise the Internal Audit team and build the capacity of Audit staff, non-Audit staff and branches in line with the URCS HR Policy and other organizational policies and procedures
- In charge of developing, reviewing and operationalizing the audit charter and Manuals for the effective running of an internal audit function
- Present audit reports to the Board, Finance and Audit Committee and URCS Management and, Coordinate and participate in Management Audit Committee meetings
- Plan, monitor the tracking, evaluate and foster compliance of URCS Auditees with relevant laws, policies and procedures
- Steer the execution of non-routine audit tasks or special projects when required by management, such as fraud investigation, due diligence, reviews etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Degree in Accounting/ commerce / Business Administration from a recognized institution; Post Graduate in Accounting / Business Administration is an added advantage; Internationally recognized accounting/auditing qualifications like CPA, ACCA, CIA, CISA;
- At least eight years’ auditing experience with at least three years in managerial role,
- Extensive knowledge of NGO operations and Knowledge of current auditing practices and trends;
Supervision and managerial skills,
- Excellent Analytical and planning skills
- Negotiation and convincing skills, Leadership and organizing skills, Interpersonal / communication skills
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail via post to: The Interim Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Friday 28th November 2014 by 5.00pm.