Organisation: International Micro-finance Company
Frank Management Consult Ltd wishes to recruit for its client, the fastest growing international micro-finance with its head office in Kampala Uganda.
Job Summary: The Credit Manager will mainly establish Credit role that ensures that GVR credit risk management is in line with the institution’s strategic objectives, the scale and nature of the business and risk profile. The incumbent will also ensure that Credit Exposures are managed within the GVR’s Credit risk appetite and performance metrics.
Key job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Approval function in Uganda. To ensure that processes and practices are implemented in accordance with relevant best practice, policy and legislation
- Developing an effective operating platform for credit assessment and monitoring;
- Managing the credit function by ensuring that business rules and products are compliant with approved credit policy ·
- Providing operational and functional leadership and guidance to the Approval team and develop internal credit risk competencies and capacity.
- Initiate process and quality reviews and contribute to plans that deliver process improvements ensuring effective implementation and ultimately improved productivity
- Ensure that excellent relationships exist that facilitate a constructive feedback loop to improve future risk management.
- Significantly contribute to the development and implementation of credit policy which provides suitable protection and facilitates business growth and asset distribution.
- Actively monitor and report on the implementation of loan policies and procedures; evaluate loan vetting structures and enforce credit standards according to company goals and policies.
- Manage Securities/Collateral pledged by the customers, keeping physical collateral documents in safe and secure place and updating the collateral system. Perfection of security documentation.
- Ensure timely collateral perfection (Caveating and Mortgaging plus registering of Land Sales Agreements)
- Coordinate the National Approval Committee·
- Monitor Variations of credit policies , provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to Senior Management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate·
- Validate and verify the credit viability on requests for extended loan terms, change of pay date, loan rescheduling etc·
- Critically analyzing and reporting on the credit portfolio performance and status
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required for the job:
- The candidate should hold a good Bachelor’s degree in statistics, commerce, accounting or equivalent qualification. Possession of a Master degree will be an added advantage
- Professional certifications in Credit Risk Management or a chartered accountant will be an added advantage·
- Excellent track record of at least eight years senior level credit risk management experience in a financial services or a banking environment.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Expertise in Microsoft Excel (Advanced proficiency level).
- Good working experience in Microsoft SQL Server applications will be advantageous.
- Proven track record of project management experience at a senior level will be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of Corporate Governance and Risk Management will be advantageous
How to Apply for the job:
If you meet the above minimum requirements, urgently email your updated CV / resume to
Frank Management Consult Limited
Nyaku House, 1st Floor.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com