The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is available across most courses* to cover a range of full international tuition fees for study on campus at North Ryde in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships do NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study. This scholarship is not available to students studying at Macquarie City Campus or the Sydney Institute of Business & Technology (SIBT).
Annual renewal of the Vice-Chancellor’s international Scholarship is subject to satisfactory performance in the Macquarie University degree program.
* Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships are not available for the following courses: Master of Business Administration, Master of Management, Master of Applied Finance, Master of Advanced Surgery, Master of Surgery, and Doctor of Physiotherapy.
Who can apply?
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.7 out of 4.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 96 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University
- You are enrolled at Macquarie City Campus or SIBT
- You currently received full scholarship from Macquarie University you must wait at least one year after you complete your current degree to apply another full scholarship.
Find more about applying through the University Admissions Centre (UAC)
Please note that due to an increase in the popularity of the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships the GPA requirements have increased to minimum 3.7 for Postgraduate and ATAR 96 for Undergraduate.
How to Apply for the scholarship
Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents.
- Applicants must complete anonline MUIS application form.
- Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship Undergraduate
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship Postgraduate
Please note that applicants can only receive one scholarship.
To apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship, applicants must nominate two referees to complete a Referee Report and applicants must also provide a ‘Statement of Purpose’ of approximately one page outlining their interest in the scholarship program and indicating how the academic qualification will benefit themselves and their community.
IMPORTANT: The ‘Statement of Purpose’ must be submitted as a Word or PDF document and has a file size limit of 256KB. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
What are the key dates?
|Session||Application Deadline||Outcome Advised|
|Session 2, 2014||30 April 2014||June 2014|
|Session 1, 2015||30 September 2014||November 2015|