Job Title: Asset Management Clerk (Fresher US Embassy Jobs)
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: Kampala-2023-002
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor, the incumbent maintains inventory control of stored, procured and issued Information Technology assets under International Cooperative Administrative Support Services (ICASS), Program and non-State offices. He/she coordinates repairs of equipment as needed. He/she conducts the yearly inventory of all IT assets located at the Embassy compound, the General Services Office, Warehouse, Ambassador and Deputy Chief of Mission residences. He/she assists the Information Systems Center (ISC) and Customer Service Center during busy periods by helping to run basic updates on machines and helping to move equipment when necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Asset Management Clerk job should have completed Secondary School or Local Mandatory Schooling and received high school diploma
- At least one year of administrative experience is required.
- Position must have good knowledge of the structure of the Mission, IRM, and key players.
- The position requires working knowledge of the Embassy’s unclassified systems in order to identify and track IT equipment.
- Must understand the workings of ILMS and the steps to take when discrepancies arise.
- Must be accurate and thorough in identifying and recording United States Government property in the storerooms and workspaces throughout the Mission.
- Must be able to learn the types and models of equipment used at post and identify them by sight.
- Must have excellent computer skills, knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, internet browsers, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and able to use hand-held scanners to inventory systems.
- Must be tactful with customers but be able to present a firm stand when necessary – missing property investigations for example.
- Communicate effectively with all members of staff working in the Embassy.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision and be able to reason through complicated problems with minimal assistance.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds and mobile enough to work under desks and in tight areas.
- Language: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required. This may be tested
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 27th January 2023