Job Title: Bank Systems Administrator
Organisation: FIG Consult Limited (a financial services institution)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FIG Consult Limited is a leading Human Resource Consultancy. They are recruiting on behalf of a valuable client, a financial services institution licensed by Bank of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Bank Systems Administrator will mainly ensure availability/uptime of all vendor applications, processes and procedures to effect the day-to-day needs of the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly review, analyze, and create detailed documentation of business systems and user needs including work flow, program functions and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Regularly analyze the business unit’s activities and trends and compare, analyze against the service standards and best practices to determine business, functional and technical requirements for specified applications.
- Prepare routine reports (financial, quality, production, customer service)
- Manage the Back Office Automation Systems by ensuring proper usage of the system and implement best practices on usage of these systems to avoid any setbacks.
- The incumbent will administer, manage data collection, usage reporting, and integration and user management on back office systems.
- Ensure availability and correct use of computer software to meet operational requirements.
- Support application users in identifying and describing problems or opportunities that need to be addressed.
- Plan and implement systems design and development projects.
- Support the Head of ICT in identifying the skills and resources needed to implement a new system or modifying an existing system.
- Prepare, in consultation with users, implementers, the acceptance plan for any new system.
- Work closely with the business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use Information Technology to improve product service and /or program business processes.
- Run End of Day operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Bank Systems Administrator job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science and a CISCO certification in networking.
- At least three years of working experience in a WAN /LAN environment, which must include configuring switches, routers and firewalls.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network problems, install and operate network monitoring tools and maintain network documentation.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, Network operating systems and computer applications.
- Good analytical, diagnostic and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently at any Branch in an ICT support capacity.
- Good People management skills and ability to manage third party contractors.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a cover letter that should clearly state your salary expectation and indicate the position title as subject of Email.
Deadline: 2nd August 2019