Job Title: Branch Manager (9 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: PostBank Uganda Ltd (PBU)
Duty Station: Northern Region & Kampala, Uganda
PostBank Uganda Ltd (PBU), a government owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on being the market leader in advancing financial inclusion.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager will be accountable for the business growth of the branch as per laid down policies and procedures in order to enable the Bank attain its corporate goals and objectives related to Sales, Service, Profitability and Market share
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, Supervise and coordinate all the day-to-day activities of the branch.
- Head the sales Campaign for the branch and spearhead new product marketing and sales at branch.
- Carry out sales visits to existing corporate clients and identify sales leads; and send out activity reports on the bank’s corporate customers.
- Maintain relationships with top customers and ensure that services delivered meet client expectations.
- Coordinate production of the monthly and annual performance work plans and targets for all subordinate staff and monitor their implementation.
- Advise, guide, motivate and direct staff to promote discipline, productivity and accountability
- Monitor performance of branch staff regularly by carrying out periodic appraisals and make recommendations for training, promotion, transfer etc.
- To develop and maintain effective and efficient communication and information systems including holding of regular branch meetings.
- Submit regular performance reports and returns/data to Heads of Department at Head o ice.
- Monitor cash needs of branch and ensure that they are responded to expeditiously.
- Monitor and control all the routine branch operations through ensuring strict conformity with the procedures practiced in the bank.
- Regularly assess the workload of branch staff and identify operational areas that may require manpower reinforcement.
- Ensure that the branch tool kit is in place and monitor usage of all the bank assets.
- Monitor that cheques banked for clearing are properly recorded, posted and timely sent for clearing.
- Assess credit requests in conjunction with the credit department in line with the banks credit standards, policies, procedures and practices and recommend action to the credit department and committee.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the head of department or management.
Also Read: Finance and Administration Officer Job – International Development Law Organization (IDLO)
- Responsible for Branch Budget
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Business-degree in finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management or any relevant field.
- Possession of a Certified banking qualification or master’s degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
- Relevant Practical training in banking management.
- At least three years’ experience in a Banking or similar environment of which 2 must be in a supervisory role.
- Business Acumen
- Team Leadership (supervision)
- Critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have an in-depth understanding of branch banking esp. operational processes, product features, pricing, benefits, positioning, design and promotions.
- Customer Service Skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
- Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and leadership behaviours.
- Must be a person of impeccable integrity.
How to Apply:
Please send your application to email@example.com addressed to the Ag. Chief HR O icer and put the job you are applying for as the Subject (Strictly).
The following documents should accompany the application strictly online:
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of academic documents
- Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
- Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Deadline: Saturday 10th December 2022 at 5.00pm