Organisation: PostBank Uganda Ltd (PBU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PostBank Uganda Ltd (PBU), a government owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on being the market leader in advancing financial inclusion.
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager – Branch will drive Income generation through sale of assets, liabilities, and cash management products, Forex, o balance sheet products and other products of the bank. The incumbent will be accountable for branch business growth financial performance, Business Banking, Trade Finance, and other non-funded income lines as agreed from time to time and within annual budget.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable to supervise, set targets, monitor sales, and report performance for the branch Business Bankers to ensure the branch meets all its business targets.
- Structure compelling solution proposals to demonstrate a thorough understanding of each client’s requirements and objectives & input to credit applications in conjunction with product & Relationship Teams, aligned to strategy and mitigating associated transactional risks.
- Recruit and bring on board Business and institutional clients
- Perform, promote, and maintain the highest standards of customer service to maximize returns from existing and new relationships.
- Implement, and administer business growth programs as necessary to maximize branch profitable sales of all bank products & services. This would include developing direct customer contact and relationships with major account holders.
- Promote knowledge acquisition of the institution’s products to potential customers by organizing sale promotions, talk shows, public presentations & meetings as may be guided by the supervisor.
- Conduct regular sales meetings to address goals and progress and a review of individual performance.
- Together with the Branch Manager/Branch Operations Manager (BOM) Implement the overall branch dual control systems.
- Ensure Implementation of all personnel policies, procedures, regulations, and personnel management circulars issued from time to time.
- Participate in new product marketing and sales.
- Participate in implementation of customer care plan of the branch.
- Together with the branch manager/BOM, assess credit requests in conjunction with the credit department in line with the banks credit standards, policies, procedures, and practices and recommend action to the credit department and committee.
- Ensure that PBU core values and professional ethics (Banking) are adhered to and practiced in the branch.
- Train and coach all the Business Bankers in business lending and other bank services.
- Understand the business client value chain, tap into the value chain and ensure customer needs are met at every stage of the value chain.
- Accountable for Branch business & Financial targets as will be agreed from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates must hold a Business degree in finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management or any relevant field.
- Possession of a Certified banking qualification or master’s degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
- Relevant Practical training in banking business growth & management.
- Experience in a Banking or similar environment of which 2 must be in business growth.
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Developing & executing sales strategies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills esp. presenting CVPs
- Negotiation Skills.
- Understanding of branch banking esp. business processes, business development, product features & pricing.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Team Leadership (supervision).
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
- Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and leadership behaviours.
How to Apply:
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Ag. Chief HR Officer and put the job you are applying for as the Subject (Strictly).
The following documents should accompany the application strictly online:
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of academic documents
- Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
- Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Deadline: Saturday 10th December 2022 at 5.00pm