Job Title: Business Development Executive (4 Job Opportunities)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Contact: Human Resources
SolarNow was founded on the belief that everyone should have access to clean, affordable, and reliable energy. Thousands of families and businesses in Uganda and Kenya have benefited from solar energy solutions provided by SolarNow over the last 11 years. Initially focusing on solutions for rural homes and small businesses, SolarNow has evolved into an energy solution provider supporting productivity increases for businesses, farmers, and institutions such as schools, hospitals, corporations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Job Summary: The Business Development Executive (BDE) will be responsible for the origination and contracting of new business in small-scale C&I (3-50 kW) and Agri sectors. The candidate will have a good understanding of the solar market in Uganda, and a proven track record in sales of small-scale C&I projects and/or Agri water pump solutions. The BDE will work in close collaboration with the Engineering and Business Development team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing a pipeline of opportunities in the small C&I and Agri systems range.
- Driving B2B solar sales in the region by developing new business leads while monitoring progress
- Building and managing relationships with clients and partners.
- Managing proposals from Engineering team and make presentations to the potential clients.
- Meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets while growing sales month by month.
- Supporting customer data collection by capture and feedback of customer experience insights
- Ensure timely collection wherever the system is sourced by BDE and installed by SolarNow.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Business related diploma or degree such as Sales and Marketing or in Solar PV systems.
- Strong team player who can take initiative and work independently
- Technical knowledge of Solar PV systems (Off grid, On-grid and Hybrid Solar and/or Agri pumping systems)
- At least 4-5 years’ experience and proven track record working in a similar role or a solar sales related position.
- Ugandan Candidates with the relevant industry experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should email applications to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SolarNow is an equal opportunity employer and will review applications based on a first come first serve basis & might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should a suitable candidate have been found.
On email applications please use the following subject: “Application for Business Development Manager – “Your Name”.
Deadline: 15th July 2022