Job title : Online contributors:
• Online Editor
Schedule and Dates of Service:
4-6 hours a week. 3-6 months average service, with the possibility of extension.
Applications accepted on an ongoing basis.
Development Connection (DevCon) is a grassroots social enterprise dedicated to bringing development opportunities closer to youth. Through our projects, we facilitate networking, knowledge sharing and support holistic efforts towards sustainable development.
Through the Development Connection magazine which is an online magazine, we reach over 2000 people every week with opportunities and information to support them to advance their various agendas and transform their communities.
The Online contributor position provides an opportunity for aspiring writers, editors and development workers to sharpen their analytical, research and writing skills fields ranging from education, entrepreneurship, agriculture, youth employment among others.
This position is voluntary. However, successful candidates will benefit from tailored mentoring and professional support from the team at Development Connection. All online contributors will be spotlighted on the Development Connection site.
• Analytical and research skills
• Interest in development issues
• Ability to use computer packages such as Ms Word, PowerPoint and Internet.
• Ability to work independently under minimum supervision
• Strong communication skills
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Create and co-create content for the Development Connection Online
• Carry out research to successfully complete assignments
• Support the maintenance of vibrant social media presence for the magazine
How to Apply for the job:
To apply for the online contributors position please submit the following via email (firstname.lastname@example.org : email@example.com)
• Attach a one page letter of inquiry, speaking to experience or interest related to the position and how this opportunity will support you in achieving your career/personal goals
• Attach a resume or CV (2 pages maximum)