Job Title: Chief of Party
Organisation: Tetra Tech International Development
Project Name: Feed the Future/Water and Food Systems for Resilient Communities Activity
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tetra Tech International Development, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded Feed the Future/Water and Food Systems for Resilient Communities Activity.
About USAID Project:
The anticipated five-year Activity aims to inclusively and equitably improve integrated water resource management, strengthen food systems, and improve water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) service delivery so communities will be empowered to mitigate and adapt to shocks and stressors, thus maintaining their nutrition, health, and livelihood wellbeing.
This full-time position will be based in Kampala, Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, management, and general technical direction for the entire Activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different technical components and actors.
- Identify potential risks to successful Activity implementation and recommend and implement appropriate adjustments.
- Oversee contract management and technical implementation.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the Government of Uganda, and other national and sub-national partners, responding to technical and administrative matters and adjusting programs and operations in response to USAID’s technical direction.
- Manage in-country team and ensure the development of high-quality deliverables and the provision of strong technical support to project partners.
Also Read: Supply Chain Officer Job – United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree or higher in international development, water supply, and sanitation, water resources management, economics, agriculture, public administration, or another relevant field.
- At least 15 years of professional experience working on, designing, and/or implementing projects related to water sector governance and finance, agriculture systems and value chains, private sector development or other related fields.
- Extensive experience managing large donor-funded programs in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Eastern Africa.
- Prior USAID COP experience for large (+30M) activities in the areas of Feed the Future, WASH, Resilience, or Integrated Water Resource Management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of experts and partners.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of agriculture in arid landscapes, value chains, water resource management, resilience, and adaptation, etc.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills are required.
- Uganda and East African nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- [Cover Letter]
- [CV in reverse chronological format]
- [Optional-Writing Sample – must be sole authorship, maximum 10 pages]
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted. (theugandanjobline.com)
NB: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Deadline: 23rd February 2023