Job Title: Climate Change Intern (No Experience Fresh Graduate UN Jobs)
Organisation: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Climate Change Team Leader
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has a global mandate to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to global economic’ growth. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Job Summary: The Internship Programme of Human Resources aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) listed below:
- Assist with the development and implementation of Climate Change interventions and Green City Initiatives in Uganda
- Under supervision and guidance of the Team Leader and project technical staff, Support the evaluation and review processes of the European Union funded Global Climate Change Alliance Project (GCCA+) and SIDA funded Climate Resilient Livelihood Opportunities for women economic empowerment (CRWEE) project in Karamoja and West Nile Regions
- Assist in arranging coordination meetings and workshops
- Provide management support to the Team Lead & Assistant Team Lead, Climate Change Program
- Perform other related tasks
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Internship must be enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http:// www.whed.net/
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of Uganda.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- Candidates, who have already undertaken an internship assignment at FAO, will not be eligible for another internship.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th August 2022