Job Title: Communication and Public Relations Manager
Organisation: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forestry sub-sector. NFA’s vision is “A sufficiently forested, ecologically stable and economically prosperous Uganda”, while its Mission is “To manage Central Forest Reserves on a sustainable basis and to supply high quality forestry- related products and services to Government, local communities and the private sector”.
Job Summary: The Communication and Public Relations Manager will manage NFA’s public communications, relations and advocacy function, foster stakeholder appreciation of NFA’s mandate and related matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement NFA’s communication strategy and brand manual.
- Develop approaches that promote NFA’s corporate brand and monitor its usage by various stakeholders.
- Plan and budget for the communication and public relations unit.
- Initiate, maintain and review NFA media relations and coverage .
- Develop, implement and periodically review tools for educating stakeholders on forestry related activities and the mandate of NFA.
- Engage corporate entities to enlist support for NFA’s initiatives.
- Prepare and disseminate NFA information, press releases, statements and communication materials.
- Manage and guide NFA’s publications that are submitted to the media.
- Organize NFA’s corporate events and protocol management.
- Develop NFA’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy, guide, track and report on the implementation.
- Support NFA staff in managing public relations and communications.
- Establish guidelines that enable internal collaborations with Departments to ensure that their productions, advertisements and promotional materials are well aligned with the approved corporate brand standards.
- Provide feedback to the public and respond to media inquiries.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree (Honors) in Public Relations, Journalism or Mass Communication from a reputable institution.
- Master’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass communication or related field is required.
- At least five years of experience working in the mainstream media, corporate communications and/or public relations with a reputable organization of which three (3) years should be at managerial or senior supervisory level.
- Knowledge of software for publishing and on-line communication.
- Good leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Good Communication skills.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Networking, presentation and persuasive skills.
- Age: Above 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below or send soft copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Forestry Authority,
Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414-360400
Deadline: 31st August 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.