Job Title: Community Accountability and Reporting Mechanisms (CARM) Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Uganda
Mercy Corps is an international non-profit organization which implements high-quality, analytical development programmes in very difficult places. Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006. It has and continues to implement programs in Acholi and Karamoja sub regions. Mercy Corps is taking a community-led, market driven approach to address poverty and food insecurity needs through interventions that get to the root causes and contributing factors of economic vulnerability.
Job Summary: The Community Accountability and Reporting Mechanisms (CARM) Assistant will support the Senior CARM Officer to support the roll-out and implementation of CARM within programs in line with Mercy Corps’ global CARM Policy and Mercy Corps Uganda’s CARM Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). Working with program and MEL teams, and in coordination with different supporting departments as needed, s/he will support the implementation of the project-level CARM Plans, focusing on CARM rollout and maintenance in the different implementation areas across Karamoja. The CARM Assistant will support the receiving, translating, and grading of feedback received via the helpline.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly operate / manage the toll-free hotline (answer, log, respond to, escalate, and manage incoming calls), maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Analyze, grade, and consolidate information about feedback received and issues raised and share with the program team and CARM (Senior) Officer to follow up on complaints and any feedback as the need may be
- Contact complainants to close/resolve cases and update the tracker or database as required.
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences and other related documents for quick and easy reference.
- Ensure feedback loops are closed within the designated turn-around time
- Regularly take part in field visits with other key program team members to assess the progress of CARM at the community level.
- Assist in the implementation of the consolidated CARM work plan, review achievements and constraints and provide feedback accordingly.
- Communicate and disseminate feedback/complaints handling procedures, policies and tools as appropriate to community members, program staff and other stakeholders.
- Support in raising awareness of the CARM system and identifying the need for visibility materials, such as information, education and communication (IEC) materials and suggestion/feedback boxes
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Research or any related discipline
- Two years of related work experience, preferably with an international or local Non- Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Experience in (remote) data collection and data management preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, considering cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- A multilingual applicant with experience in customer service or community engagements. Proficiency in at least 2 or more of these languages is a requirement: Kiswahili, Nga’karimajong, and Pokot
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated attention to details.
- S/he should be committed to work with Mercy Corps stakeholders regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, abilities or gender.
- The CARM Assistant may have access to sensitive information and will therefore need to strictly adhere to confidentiality protocols.
- The ability to work under pressure
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new information/concepts and implement them
- Strong team player with initiative and positive attitude towards problem solving.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link a below.
Deadline: 27th July 2022