Job Title: Consular Assistant (American Citizens Services) Admin Jobs
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2022-061
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Consular Chief, performs full range of passport, citizenship, and Special Citizen Services (including welfare/whereabouts, death, repatriation, and arrests) in the American Citizen Services Unit. The Consular Assistant (American Citizens Services) interviews passport and citizenship applicants, provides notarial services, reviews passport applications for completeness and accuracy, and performs relevant data entry and other electronic processing of passport applications. Responds to public inquiries related to passports and citizenship. S/he works with the Consular Chief on crisis preparedness and response.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Consular Assistant (American Citizens Services) job opportunity should have Two years of college or university studies. Required.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in work involving the application of relatively complex regulatory material along with extensive public contact.
- Broad knowledge of the local, regional and national political, economic, social, cultural, and security environment.
- Possession of excellent judgment, decisiveness, honesty, flexibility, and persistence is required.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment at all times is required. Initiative, common sense, and tact are required to meet unexpected and unique situations.
- Discretion is required to uphold privacy rights of U.S. citizen customers. The ability to maintain working relationships with local officials; this includes representing the U.S. Embassy with high-level contacts is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills is required.
- The incumbent is required to be resourceful and know how to solve, independently, many complex problems involving several different entities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and productively with contacts and customers from all backgrounds, upholding the Department’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion principles is required.
- The job holder is required to be efficient, organized and pay close attention to detail with all aspects to assigned work.
- Strong computer and key board skills is required.
- The applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Suite Applications (Work, Excel, Outlook, Internet) and must be able to use ACS applications. This may be tested
- Language: Fluent spoken and written English ability and good working knowledge of at least one local language is required. Local languages include either Luganda, Swahili, Acholi, or Dinka. This may be tested
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th November 2022