Job Title: Contracts Engineer Logistics
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Logistics Services packages comprising of multiple services and supply contracts and various frame contracts will aim at maximizing the works for local contractors and enhancing the national content of the project in compliance with the budget, work time schedule, HSE Optimum Requirements, level of quality and Contracts documentation and applicable Laws and regulations.
- To coordinate, prepare and administer the whole contracting process for the Logistics Services frame agreements, and services and supply contracts as necessary for the Tilenga Project.
- In coordination with the Project team members, Company and TGP as required in compliance with Project procedures and with due respect to approved schedule and milestones. This includes:
- Coordination of tendering dossiers (technical Exhibits, T&Cs), of the CFTs, the participation to and administration of the clarification / negotiation phases, the evaluation of contractual and commercial proposals and the preparation, in duet with the Packages Manager, of the final Recommendations to Award.
- Coordinate with the different entities in Company with/for: TGP, Legal, DARAG, Market Intelligence, etc.
- Administration of the final set of contractual / commercial / technical documentation for the assigned contracts; preparation for signature of the assigned main contracts
- Follows up the administration of contracts into the SAP systems (Company and SA Affiliate as applicable) from registration to final payments
- Reviews and accepts Contract administration management documents prepared by Contractors & Vendors
- Ensure consistency & adequacy of documents such as Performance Bonds, Bank Guarantees, Invoices, Insurance certificates, Sub-contracts, Confidentiality Undertakings …
- Preparation of official correspondence with Contractors
- Assistance to the negotiation of Change Orders on contractual and commercial aspects.
- Assists the Company Contract Representatives in the timely issuance of interim and final certificates.
- Be open to receive contractor/supplier representatives and proactively build and maintain relationships with contractors/suppliers in order to secure positive, constructive and cost-effective commercial agreements for the Project.
- Participate in the establishment of Contract & Procurement Upstream Project internal procedures.
- Assist the team, with the support of Company, in complying with Ugandan Law on Procurement processes
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard H3SE and H3SE rules implementation and Ethics and Project “Code of Conduct” policy.
- To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must be Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering or relevant business area
- 10+ years’ practical, relevant, and progressive experience in preparation, negotiation, monitoring of complex technical contracts in the oil and gas industry or other large industrial projects. International project experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract processes in projects.
- Good general knowledge of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the Company in general, & “in depth” understanding where relevant to contracts for works, goods & services
- Knowledge and understanding of use of model contract conditions with particular emphasis on the liability, indemnity & insurances regimes applied, and the ability to identify & assess relevant risks & modify and/or supplement standard provisions as appropriate.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.