Vacancy title: Country Finance Manager
Jobs at: Mothers2mothers (m2m)
Deadline of this Job: 5th August 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at 12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Mothers2mothers is now looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of Country Finance Manager.
Job Title: Country Finance Manager (Re- advertised)
Reports to: Country Director
Supervises: Country Finance Officers
The purpose of this position:
To provide leadership to the Country Finance and Administration function, through coordinating the processing and monitoring of all aspects of the financial transactions and related administrative processes for the m2m Uganda Country Programme and providing support to the in-country team to ensure proper resource allocation to implement activities, in line with m2m policies, donor requirements and international best practices and standards.
Key Performance Areas:
KPA 1: Financial Risk Management
• Develop/institutionalize strong internal control mechanism (financial and administrative systems) for the organization.
• Manage the financial and compliance aspects of donors and ensure expenses are incurred consistent with grant agreements and contracts
• Provide support during internal and external audits and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to address audit findings and recommendations
• Take initiative on cutting costs without compromising on quality
• Set up and maintain policies and procedures for administrative, procurement and logistical functions
KPA 2: Budget development, co-ordination and analysis
• Prepare and maintain country office annual budgets
• Regularly forecast cash flow based on the work plan by the program, making sure that all departments of the organization have enough to pay for their activities.
• Assist the Country Director in developing of the country work plan
• Support preparation of proposal budgets
• Prepare and review donor reports in line with m2m and donor requirements
• Provide financial management support, advice and assistance to the Country Director and Project Co-ordinators
KPA 3: Financial accounting, reporting and analysis
• Managing accounting and related work processes related to country office transactions
• Manage monthly closing of accounts and reconciliation
• Review and approval of financial transactions
KPA 4: Administrative function management
• Ensure proper use and maintenance of physical assets and office
• Set up procedures in and supervise travel planning , office systems, and general office management
• Implement and manage documentation and filling systems to support procurement and financial processes in accordance with legislative and funder requirements
• Store Management: Design, implement and oversee a system of monitoring office inventory and tracking the items in store
• Oversee the fleet management of the Uganda Office ensuring proper use of the organization’s vehicles
KPA 5: Team Leadership of the Finance and Administration Team
• Lead and co-ordinate the effective management of finance and general administration functions of the department
• Manage performance of Finance and Administration Staff, in line with the m2m performance management framework
• Promote a values-based culture amongst the Finance and Administration team
• Build the capacity of finance and non-finance staff in finance and related areas
• Institute mechanisms for promoting employee wellness for the Finance and Administration team, in line with m2m wellness framework
• Coordinate Finance and Administration department activities with other Departments
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Accounting or Business Administration or related field from a recognised University. Possession of a ACCA of CPA is an added advantage
• At least 5-8 years post study experience in a financial/accounting capacity.
• Should have a high level of mastery of budget management and financial analysis
• Previous experience working in a multi-national not for profit organization
• Should have knowledge and previous experience working with a number of donors, including USAID EC, DfID, UN partner agreements, SIDA, USAID, CDC, etc
• Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
• Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting (Serenic), spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient Level
• Must Communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally.
• Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
• Sound Analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work on own and within various teams;
• Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritize and produce high level output consistently
• Agile, Results oriented and with a good systems thinking mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5-8 years
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should apply for this position viahttps://www.m2m.org/careers/
Deadline 5th August 2019