Jimmy Sekasi Institute of Catering was established in 1989 as a private training Institute. It’s one of the oldest and most prestigious catering Institutes in Uganda.
In 1987, the institute moved to its current location in Kabalagala, Kampala. It expanded over the years to become a highly recognised catering institute offering both certificate and diploma courses in Uganda.
Later, in 2001, it was registered by the Ministry of Education and Sports under the registration number PSS/J/95.
The campus is located 3 km to the East of the City center, offering an excellent academic environment; free from city-related disturbances.
Jimmy Sekasi Institute of Catering offers sever courses which include;
- Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management,
- Diploma in Food Production Management,
- Certificate in Food and Beverage Service and Sales Operation
- Certificate in Food Production Operations
- Certificate in Food and Beverages
- Certificate in Computer Applications
- Basic Certificate in Food and Beverages
- Basic Certificate in Pastry & Backing and Cake Decoration
- Other Short Courses