Fins medical University was officially launched on 31st August 2018 in a very colorful ceremony. The university is located in Fort Portal, Western part of Uganda.
The is set to offer courses at certificate, diploma and degree levels. Below are some of the courses offered at Fins Medical University.
You can apply for the following diploma programmes which are already on going
- Diploma in nursing extension
- Diploma in midwifery extension
The following courses will be offered in the April/May 2019/2020 academic year. Applications will be open starting January 2019
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MIDWIFERY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PUBLIC HEALTH
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MEDICAL EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF BIOMEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- Diploma in midwifery direct entry.
- Diploma in Nursing Direct entry.
- Diploma in Public Health
- Diploma in medical Education
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Health sciences management
- Diploma in clinical medicine and public health
Under certificate category, we will be having the following courses. The courses below will also be starting in the academic year 2019/2020 April intake.
- Certificate in Biological Sciences
- Certificate in Physical Sciences
The following courses will begin in the academic year 2020/2021
- Bachelor of Science in Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of science in clinical nutrition
- Bachelor of science in pharmacy
- Bachelor of science in dental surgery
- Bachelor of science in dental laboratory and technology
- Bachelor of science in radiography
- Diploma in clinical medicine & community health
- Diploma in laboratory technology
- Diploma in anesthesia
- Diploma in medical records
Fins Medical University is one of the private universities in Uganda.
In May 2018, after due consideration with the support from other professional bodies for example Uganda Nurses and midwifery council and other government departments, the university was granted a license by National Council for Higher Education.