Job Title: CRB Officer
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The CRB Officer will be responsible for coordinating Credit Reference Bureau Services at UGAFODE such as providing timely and accurate information on borrowers’ debt profile and repayment history to mitigate risk and losses as per Bank of Uganda Guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze input and output CRB files for identification of data gaps and following up on data correction by branches.
- Monthly CRB data submissions to all the Credit Bureaus and verification of data accuracy before the final submission on the 10th of every month as per Bank of Uganda rules and regulations.
- Generate periodic reports on data quality including a review of the data success rates, rejected records and any other irregularities for discussion with the Supervisor Credit Administration & Risk, to discuss compliance gaps and lay strategies for corrections.
- Identify aspects in process and systems that can affect data quality and raise these aspects to management for resolution.
- Do monthly reconciliations on invoices and prepare payments for Financial Card (FCS) and Credit enquiry (CRB Search) accounts within agreed timelines to avoid penalties.
- Coordinate and assist in the timely resolution of all disputes/queries from clients and the Bureaus regarding wrong data submitted to the CRB – forward responses to Manager Credit Administration for review and onward communication to the Bureaus.
- Initiate improvements on the data quality through a number of checks, undertake data clean up, follow up on issues raised from data review meetings, audit queries, and SLAs with service providers.
- Identify exceptions/suspicious transactions and escalate them to the Line Manager in a timely manner whist ensuring conformity to Operational Guidelines.
- Represent the institution in the various Central Bank and Uganda Bankers Association Credit Bureau committees and periodic meetings.
- Ensure total clean-up of Open Accounts on the Bureau with no updates in the submissions.
- Ensure remedial action for all Pending credit applications on the Bureau.
- Organize and attend all Data quality meetings with the line supervisors and all Bureaus.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree with any additional statistical qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of professional work experience in Credit at a level of Credit Analyst or Credit Supervisor.
- Strong data analysis skills using excel / SPSS/SAS.
- Good understanding of credit documentation / data and legal risks / laws applicable to MDIs.
- Strong interpersonal, good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and multi-tasking skills.
- Self-driven with high affinity for quality, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email: [email protected]
Save the Documents as Your Full Name & indicate the job title you are applying for in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources
Deadline: 29th June 2022