Job Title: Credit Analyst (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Greenlight Planet
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Greenlight Planet is a US venture-backed, award winning social enterprise driven by a mission to empower under-electrified communities with access to clean and affordable solar lighting. To date, more than 3 million households in low-income off-grid communities use Greenlight’s Sun King™ line of solar home lighting solutions.
Job Summary: The corporate risk team is mandated to identify, access and control threats to Sun King physical and financial assets as well as its earnings. The team also examines the relationship between risks and the cascading impact they could have on Sun King strategic goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with your country’s Credit Manager in developing methodologies to improve the current processes.
- Suggest enhancements to current processes and policies to avoid operational risks.
- Presentation of ideas via reports and presentations, outlining findings, and recommending improvements.
- Assist the Credit Manager in implementing audit recommendations.
- Carry out periodic spot checks on processes and provide findings and recommendations for identified risks.
- Investigate fraud cases and give recommendations (including data collection and interviewing claimants).
- Identify and classify potential default risk through data collection and client interactions.
- Preparation of field reports/collation of data/documentation and information.
- Red flag identification and timely reporting of the same
- Any other task allocated by the Credit Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Banking, Finance, or equivalent business-related discipline
- You have at least two years of experience, preferably in the Audit/Risk/Credit /Analytics department. Previous work experience in MFI or Bank is an added advantage
- Have strong analytical skills with good attention to detail and possess advanced excel skills
- Can ably collect data and detect fraud
- Can effectively interact with business partners across functions including
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Are comfortable travelling across the country monthly in the field, working with operations and salesforce
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their applications online at the link below.