Job Title: Data Analyst
Organisation: Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
Job Summary: To provide specialist advise and support in the generation and provision of reliable business intelligence to support key deliverables and informed decision making, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to Head, Data Analytics – Retail and Business Banking, the MI Analyst has the responsibility of providing daily accurate information on business direction through planning and driving MI processes interpretation of business performance data both financial and non-financial for Retail and Business Banking and continually reviews and analyze operational cost efficiencies. This requires the role holder to have regular contact with other Consumer and Finance teams the purpose of the role also includes:
- Develop and Monitor MI in Retail and Business Banking.
- Collect and submit key KPI for Retail and Business Banking.
- Coordinate communication cascades and escalate feedback to the Head, Data Analytics.
- Innovate MI through usage of available data analytical tools.
- Prepare performance review packs and make presentations to relevant users of MI.
- Convene stakeholder meetings to ventilate emerging MI.
- Review, Refresh or Re-engineer Analytics outputs in a constantly changing MI environment and identify areas where improvements are needed.
- Design performance dashboards and automate them for seamless reporting
- Excellent programming and system modelling skills; data modelling, structured analysis, object oriented analysis, programming tools: Visual Basic, web programming: HTML, XML, XSLT, PHP, AJAX, Python, R, etc
- Excellent skills in data mining, relation database management systems and programming languages:
- Ability to query databases like MySQL, MSSQL, Hadoop and PostgreSQL.
- Ability to efficiently play and maneuver with large sums of data to accurately derive intended result
- Database administration and development skills
- Excellent experience in Microsoft office applications- Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Good reporting and presentation skills using Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Visualization skills using Power BI and Tableau, others will be an added advantage.
- Excellent business analytical skills for performance measurement and reporting.
- Commercial and business awareness
- Team work
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ABSA Bank job must hold relevant qualifications
- Higher Diplomas: Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join ABSA Group in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.