Job Title: Legal Counsel
Organisation: Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
Job Summary: The Legal Counsel will provide legal support to business units while working under the supervision of a senior lawyer or manager ensuring all queries are filtered and assigned to the relevant team members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Accountability: Risk and Control
- Provide support to the Principal Legal Risk Owner in respect of Legal Principal Risks identified in accordance with the Group Legal principal risk framework
- Support the Group Legal Risk Control Framework by collecting and analysing legal data, and preparing / editing the submissions to governance committees
- Provide support and technical assistance to the team
- Develop and deliver training initiatives to front line and operational staff
- Establish and build sound relationships with business stakeholders
- Research and write Legal Opinions
- Provide support for the Administration of the legal team
- Participate in cross functional working groups and projects in which the Legal function is required to contribute
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the ABSA Bank Legal Counsel job must hold relevant qualifications
- Postgraduate Diploma: Law, Military Science and Security (Required)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join ABSA Group in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 31st January 2023