Job Title: Data Clerk (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Duty Station: Adjumani, Obongi and Moyo, Uganda
Reports to: M&E Coordinator
ACODEV is an NGO that was established in 2003 and fully registered by government of Uganda. Initially founded as a self funded health program to fill service delivery gap in communities during the political insurgency in the Rwenzori region of Western Uganda that witnessed human rights abuses, gender based violence, breakdown in social and health systems; ACODEV has grown and expanded its programs for the benefit of communities targeting children and youth in various districts of Uganda. Today we have presence in more than 28 districts in Western, Central and Northern regions of Uganda. We are spreading our wings with different innovative development and humanitarian programs to other parts of Uganda, East and Southern Africa.
Job Summary: The Data Clerk will mainly ensure effective project data generation, entry, management, storage and analysis to support progress reporting for the Family Planning (FP) Project in Adjumani, Obongi and Moyo.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design of data collection tools in line with the ACODEV and donor needs and procedures
- Enter the VHT Family Planning data tools into the provided data spread sheet/tool without altering the spread sheet.
- Suggest improvements into the spread sheet/database that can informs better reporting in line with the donor requirements and ACODEV.
- Track the complete and incomplete referrals per VHT on a monthly basis and correctly enter them into the spread sheet/database,
- Routinely participate in Family Planning VHT monthly data collection exercises, scan individual VHT Family planning data following entry into the spread sheet/database,
- Support the filing of the data tools following successful scanning and storing of the files in the organizational archives.
- Identify and document data quality issues that come up in the course of the exercise, attend to each data tool independently without missing any detail,
- Ensure confidentiality of the information in the data tools and proper handling of the paper records.
- Carry out data analysis and generate the needed information to support progress reporting
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time
Key Performance Areas: Data entry and analysis, information management and reporting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a diploma or Bachelors in Statistics, Economics, Demography, Library and information science, Information Technology or other related fields.
- At least two years of experience in project work and data entry and data management role.
- Computer literacy in the use of Microsoft packages such as excel, access, work, power point, and data management and analysis
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written including report writing;
- Self-driven individual that works under minimum supervision and keen to meeting timelines.
- A team player with the zeal of working in close collaboration with others.
How to Apply:
All interested Candidates for this Position should apply to the Executive Director through the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 16th January 2023 indicating the position as the subject line. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Disclaimer: ACODEV does not charge any fees at any stage of recruitment and applicants are requested to desist from any form of corruption during this process.
Deadline: 16th January 2023