Job Title: Project Driver
Duty Station: Adjumani, Obongi and Moyo, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
ACODEV is an NGO that was established in 2003 and fully registered by government of Uganda. Initially founded as a self funded health program to fill service delivery gap in communities during the political insurgency in the Rwenzori region of Western Uganda that witnessed human rights abuses, gender based violence, breakdown in social and health systems; ACODEV has grown and expanded its programs for the benefit of communities targeting children and youth in various districts of Uganda. Today we have presence in more than 28 districts in Western, Central and Northern regions of Uganda. We are spreading our wings with different innovative development and humanitarian programs to other parts of Uganda, East and Southern Africa.
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive ACODEV vehicles including record keeping for efficient running of all ACODEV motorable for the Family Planning (FP) Project in Adjumani, Obongi and Moyo.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and maintain assigned project vehicle in accordance with ACODEV Vehicle Policy and traffic laws of Uganda;
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good mechanical condition.
- Facilitate transportation of the team to carry out scheduled field activities.
- Undertake daily vehicle check-up, and report any problem to the Administration Officer;
- Prepare maintenance and spare part requests, keep records of fuel for submission to the Administration Officer.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety and security rules – i.e. appropriate use of vehicles by all staff with regard to seatbelts, speed limits, vehicle booking process and movement monitoring system;
- Assist in purchases, deliveries and other program and office activities
- Maintain vehicle mileage log sheet/book daily by noting date, destination, departure and arrival times, and submit to the Administration Officer.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time
Key Performance Areas
- Vehicle hygiene and passenger safety
- Compliance to laws and regulations
- Vehicle record management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Ordinary Level certificate with at least four credits including the English language
- A valid driving permit class B
- At least three years of driving experience with a reputable organization/ institution
- A certificate in defensive driving is an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal, public relations, written and verbal communication and team skills.
- Respect for people’s cultures, and diversity
- At least five years of clean driving experience
- Strong personality and reputation with high level of integrity
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines whilst working to multiple and conflicting deadlines.
- Knowledge of motor vehicle mechanisms is an asset
- Experience in driving long distances and on difficult terrain.
- Manages stress and complexity
- Actively promotes safety and security
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply to the Executive Director through the email address: email@example.com indicating the position as the subject line. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Disclaimer: ACODEV does not charge any fees at any stage of recruitment and applicants are requested to desist from any form of corruption during this process.
Deadline: 16th January 2023