Job Title: Debt Recovery Officer
Organisation: KRAY Microfinance Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
KRAY Microfinance Limited is a micro-finance institution established in 2012. We are licensed and regulated by Uganda Micro-finance Regulatory Authority. We offer loans and other financial services.
Job Summary: The Debt Recovery Officer will be responsible for proactive management of all loans showing early signs of deteriorating trends, and non-performing accounts to turn around, improve optimal performance and minimize financial loss to the institution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issues Arrears notices and ensure total recovery: On a daily basis calls/issues arrears notices and follows up on clients that have not settled their weekly loan obligations to improve portfolio quality and avoid financial losses to the institution.
- Schedules repayment plans: Discusses debt repayment plans with defaulting clients and recommends to management; loans that would require restructuring accordingly, to enhance loan portfolio quality.
- Territory support on loan balances: Supports territories by responding to queries regarding loan balances raised by customers for effective communication and customer service and ensures all client files are up-to-date with necessary communications, correspondences, and file notes to ease the debt recovery procedures whenever may arise.
- Accounts management: Provides response to customer queries regarding the status of their loan accounts including reconciliations in case their loans have irregularities.
- Collateral backup: Checks for security perfection for the accounts that are NPA or are showing signs of deterioration, forwards to the legal department to ensure a smooth and quick foreclosure process, and should security not be perfected forward to Legal for immediate perfection.
- Compliance & Reporting: Ensures timely capturing of cash flows in the system for proper IFRS reporting to minimize provisioning and compliance.
- Portfolio Quality: Ensures quality of respective allotted portfolio by conducting daily monitoring and reviews of delinquent account records to determine which customers must be contacted for collection of overdue accounts and providing regular support.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration or an equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience as a credit officer or credit administrator or in debt recovery.
- MUST BE ABLE TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE
- Decision-making skills and results-oriented personality.
- High levels of integrity, accountability, and confidentiality.
- Possesses excellent financial analysis skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- High standards of performance and Control of Quality.
- Team building skills (Initiative, decision making, dispute resolution, good customer service, very good negotiation skills).
- Candidate age limit: 25 -30 years.
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit their application letters and updated CVs to the Credit Supervisor via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com.
The CV should include your telephone contacts, contacts & email address of 3 referees.
Your email subject line should include your name & job applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th August 2022