Job Title: Deputy General Manager
Organisation: Appliance World Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Appliance World Ltd (the company) is one of the largest organizations in Uganda dealing in consumer electronics (refrigerators, microwaves, audio products, televisions, and washing machines), commercial air conditioning and mechanical ventilation, mobile phones, computers/network monitors.
Job Summary: The Deputy General Manager will be mainly responsible for overseeing all administrative functions of the company. A major part involves leading and directing employees. The incumbent will be tasked with ensuring administrative efficiency, proper procedure, implementation of policies and employee morale.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- For Air Conditioning Division – Projects – Checking the detailed status of work progress, payments, material approvals, quotations to be made and follow each and every item in detail until complete.
- Air Conditioning Division – Service – Checking that services are being done on time, if any materials or money is required, if there are any client complaints, outstanding repairs, quotations to be approved, LPO’s we are waiting for, contract expiring, contracts undergoing renewal, tools and follow up each item in detail.
- Air Conditioning – Marketing – Holding marketing meetings, meeting every marketer. Meeting clients when necessary. Following up each and every issue in extreme detail.
- Human Resources & Administration – Approvals of air time, lunch, transport, staff welfare, other petty cash expenses. Discussions on staff who are unhappy, who want increments, who are not performing, who should be terminated. Including cases of misconduct and/or wrongful activity in the company. Interviewing of staff who are required. Incorporating them in the company. Checking and approving lunch payments.
- Sales & Marketing – tasked with reviewing of PSI for ordering purposes. Reviewing daily sales report to see if we are on target. Reviewing sales of Kibira Road showroom to see they are on target. Checking and matching the prices of competitors. Meeting GAME and other hyper markets frequently and develop strategies to have no. 1 market share. Setting and issuing monthly (or more frequently if required) price lists. Ensuring no understock or overstock levels.
- Tendering and Quotations – Responsible for approving tender documents for purchase. Setting an internal deadline and pushing and chasing to see that it is signed by the internal deadline. Checking the tender document thoroughly. Reviewing prices carefully. Following the status of all submitted prequalification’s and seeing that we are shortlisted. Following all tenders submitted one by one after submission to see that we get the award.
- Service of Consumer Electronics – Checking the status of outstanding items. Ensuring that once received they are repaired and returned within 72 hours. Approving spares to be ordered by air and sea from LG and purchase of local market prices. Approving petty cash expenditure. Checking the happy call status for all of the clients and seeing that no client is left unhappy.
- Imports & Exports – Heavy involvement in mixed container planning. Receiving freight rates, negotiating them and nominating freight agents. Ensuring that goods leave supplier on time and reach us on time. Approving freight payments.
- Accounts and Finance – Asking for and approving salaries, PAYE, NSSF, VAT. Checking and approving supplier payments, checking and ensuring costing is entered. Checking and ensuring that daily accounting duties and done. Checking and approving petty cash expenditure.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate should have qualifications and experience to perform the aforementioned tasks
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs via email to september firstname.lastname@example.org. Call or Whatsapp 0756 817062 for any inquiries.