Vacancy title: Deputy Project Manager
Type: FULL TIME
Category: Administrative & Office
Jobs at : Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Deadline of this Job: 31st December 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kalisizo , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
DEPUTY PROJECT MANAGER
DUTY STATION: KALISIZO
The Deputy Project Manager will specifically support district-led programming for a decentralized HIV/AIDS response through provision of leadership to the cluster coordinators, monitoring of budget and workplans and ensuring timely cost effective achievement of regional targets and key indicators .
• Provide technical support to the cluster activities
• Spearhead the monitoring of PEPFAR budget, workplans, timeliness of activity implementation and spending monitoring
• Oversee the budget review and sub-grant processes to the districts; ensure timely requisition and accountabilities
• Support the timely planning, budgeting for the CBOs, districts & other subgrantees contracted by Masaka region
• Provide leadership for the functioning of all Community based Organizations (CBOs) & sub grantees contracted by RHSP
• Organize regular stakeholders’ meetings all in the spirit of enhancing district-led programming.
• Identify barriers to implementation of district-led programming and sub-grantee supported activities in Masaka region and propose corrective action.
• Assess and report on and design capacity building and technical assistance interventions to the DHT and other sub-grantees.
• Support respective clusters to oversee activities and functionality of volunteers
• Participate in grant application
• Represent the program at stakeholder and PEPFAR implementing partner meetings as and when required
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Familiarity with the functioning of the decentralized Local Government System of Uganda.
• Knowledge of PEPFAR/US Government programming policies and regulations, procedures and practices, which bear on project management in support of cooperative agreements.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with the DHTs and HFs.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS.
• Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation of programs.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery
• Master’s degree in Public health
• Advanced diploma in M&E or Project management is an added advantage
• Specialized training in HIV/AIDS will be an advantage.
• At least two years’ experience in strategic planning, health systems strengthening (HSS) and participatory approaches.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery
Job Experience Requirements: two years
Job application procedure
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates, addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Tuesday, 31st December 2019 by 5:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.