Job Title: EVD IPC WASH Mentor – National
Organisation: Samaritan’s Purse
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Length of contract: 1 Month (renewable).
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Job Summary: The Ebola IPC WASH Mentor will support non-ETU health care facilities in implementing appropriate infection prevention and control (IPC) practices to prevent transmission of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) and other highly infectious diseases by assisting in establishment of appropriate IPC/WASH interventions and mentoring of facility IPC focal points, hygienists, and screeners
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a technical point of contact for all IPC WASH functions within two or more health care facilities
- Monitor activities, provide guidance, and support implementation of IPC standard practices necessary during an EVD outbreak by mentoring IPC focal points and support staff in performing handwashing, screening, enforcing appropriate patient flow, and disinfection
- Ensure quality programming through standardized use of MOH guidelines and SOPs and technical EVD knowledge/experience.
- Build capacity of program staff through on-the-job mentoring including brief refresher trainings and supportive supervisions
- Conduct regular assessments at targeted health facilities to identify site-specific gaps in IPC protocol adherence and supplies, and guide staff in making necessary adjustments
- Ensure appropriate data collection and reporting including tracking of daily activities and proper documentation of assessments such as facility IPC scorecards
- Will regularly liaise with facility and division level IPC focal persons to maintain strong partnerships and harmonization of activities
- Attend weekly IPC champion gatherings to guide facility level IPC focal persons and committees in discussion and addressing challenges and celebrating successes
- Maintain strong personal IPC standards and adhere to staff health protocols in place in the context of an EVD outbreak
- Other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Must agree with and uphold the mission and objectives of the organization.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Water Engineering, Public Health or another relevant degree
- At least 1 to 2 years’ relevant IPC/WASH implementation experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with confident and proficient use of MS Office
- Working knowledge and adherence to MOH or WHO guidelines for health care management in Ebola affected countries
- High level of integrity and stewardship, with awareness of gender issues Committed to the SP values and ethics
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
How to Apply:
Please submit CV and cover letter (ONLY) by email to Lireri@samaritan.org or in hard copy to Samaritan’s Purse Uganda, Plot 11 Luthuli Avenue, Bugolobi; applications should be submitted strictly not later than 16:00 on Thursday 15th December, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Deadline: Thursday 15th December 2022 at 4:00pm