Job Title: Events Clerk (Fresher UN Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: RSCE/ICEC/3/2023
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
The Regional Service Centre in Entebbe, Uganda (RSCE) was established in July 2010, following the adoption of General Assembly resolution 64/269. The Centre provides efficient, client-oriented and scalable services with the goal of moving transactional, non-location dependent administrative functions to the Centre from its client entities. This includes transactional elements of human resources, finance, multimodal movement and control, personnel and cargo transport and information and communications technology (ICT) support.
Job Summary: The Events Clerk will perform a wide range of diligent, reliable and courteous services to support the execution of events for the various stakeholders of the RSCE.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Events Clerk will perform the following duties according to the needs of the Regional Training and Conference Center (RTCC):
- Direct and when necessary, escort participants and walk-in visitors to the RTCC office and the conferencing facilities, receive phone calls, documents, provide routine information about RTCC’s services, route questions to appropriate personnel.
- Assist with implementing logistic arrangements planned for venue preparation ahead of events and for venue clearing following events; to include setting up and removing seats, stages and furniture in accordance with event requirements; partitioning rooms, positioning audio, videoconferencing and projection equipment and laying and packing up their associated cables, inspecting equipment and venue for damage during and after events and reporting to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist in monitoring the use, replenishment and storage of RTCC administrative and event related supplies such as water bottles, stationery, batteries, extension cords, chargers, toner, etc. and update records related to these supplies.
- Provide general office support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of RTCC, inclusive of photocopying, printing and scanning documents and other materials, for the unit and its hosted events.
- Assist with securing RTCC property inclusive of locking and unlocking RTCC access doors and windows; locking and unlocking RTCC movable assets and supplies, updating the records related to these items.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- RTCC events are set up in a timely manner and in compliance with logistics arrangements agreed with Event organizers.
- RTCC equipment and supplies are used efficiently and are carefully monitored.
- Shortages, damages and malfunctioning are quickly noticed and information relevant for their management is escalated in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Events Clerk job must hold a High school diploma or equivalen Required.
- One year of work experience in formal employment is required.
- Experience with the United Nations common system, or international organization, non-governmental organization or Embassy is desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ need and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of product or services to client.
How to Apply:
- All applicants must apply using a Personal History Profile (PHP) generated from INSPIRA (visit https://inspira.un.org ) as soon as possible after the Terms of Reference have been posted and well before the deadline stated therein.
- All applications must be accompanied by the following which MUST be provided at the time of submission:
- Signed Personal History Profile (PHP) as generated from INSPIRA (visit https://inspira.un.org to generate an account and the PHP) submitted as a PDF or JPEG attachment to the document.
- Copies of the required education qualifications.
- Latest performance evaluation report (for internal UN Candidates)
- Copies of other relevant certificates.
- Please note that only applications submitted to the email address: email@example.com will be considered. No hand-delivered applications will be accepted.
- Please enter the reference of the job opening reference (RSCE/ICEC/3/2023) in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications will render that applicant ineligible for consideration.
- Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
NB: Please enter the reference of the job opening in the subject line of your e-mail
(Check top of advert for job opening number). Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications will render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted based on the information submitted. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
Deadline: 17th March 2023